Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Month of Firsts

Since giving birth to my oldest son, my parents have always told me to hold on tight to my babies as they will grow up fast. I am learning that more and more as this month has been a month of firsts for the Harper household. Let me start off by saying that I came to a hard realization this month....I no longer have little babies. All of a sudden, Elijah has grown into this boy who is very much independent and full of energy. My beautiful Gracie is wanting her mommy less and less these days as she is into Taylor Swift and American Girl dolls (although, when she cries, she cries for her mommy and I secretly love that!)

So I guess you are wondering how we had some "firsts" this month ~


Elijah - This year, we were all set to play Tball! Our boys have been playing together for three years now and they are the best of friends! As the year approached, our coaches (my husband) decided that we were going to play in two leagues....tball and pitching machine! Wow! A lot for this mommy to take in...not to mention, moving to the baseball field. However, Elijah has loved every minute! Even on the rare nights that he does not have a game, he begs his dad to go outside and play.

Gracie decided that she was ready to do "her thing" instead of following her big brother around everywhere. So, she signed up to for the Rebel All-Star cheerleading squad. If it were up to mommy, she would not cheer but as I have learned, my children are wired on their own. Gracie had to try out and she did surprisingly well! Due to her age, she was placed on a show team, the silver pee wee team. Thank goodness as I am finding out that competitive cheer take a lot of time and a lot of money. They travel a lot. At least I have two more years before she reaches the age where she can, by law, travel with a competition squad. I need the time so I can save up all my money! This month has been exciting but Boy, my kids are growing way too fast! After tryouts Gracie poses with her BFF - Peyton!

No comments:

Post a Comment